Salem Media Group/Philadelphia (Philadelphia’s AM 990 The Answer and WFIL 560AM Philadelphia’s Christian Radio) has an opening for an Operations Director.
The Operations Director will oversee the day-to-day operations of two terrestrial radio stations, two online streams and supporting systems.
• Maintain operation of current ENCO automation system and to be installed Wide Orbit automation system, including, but not limited to, creating and assigning of hourly/daily templates, recording of daily programs, feeds, etc.
• Program satellite receivers for program broadcast.
• Be on-call to act as a first responder to correct off-air incidents involving automation
• Oversee and coordinate the daily operations of production and programming to ensure deadlines are met.
• Jointly responsible, with Program Director, for the recruitment of board operators.
• Responsible for training, supervision, and scheduling of board operators.
• Build out operational backup plans/procedures to insure consistent, quality programming.
• Ensure compliance with Sponsorship identifications, pre-record disclaimers and all FCC rules, regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
• Provide backup to essential programming personnel.
• Experience in radio operations.
• Knowledge of digital automation systems (ENCO & Wide Orbit knowledge a plus).
• Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages.
• Knowledge and understanding of radio communications facilities and distribution systems.
• Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting procedures.
• Ability to troubleshoot, be solution minded, and work in a fast-paced setting.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing and scheduling work assignments.
• A positive and energetic style, ownership of work with high integrity and strong work ethic.
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Life insurance
• 401K retirement plan
• Paid vacation and holidays
To apply, visit SalemMedia.com, click on the Careers tab and search for the Operations Director Philadelphia position. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.