Location: KFOR-TV / KAUT-TV Date: May 5th, 2023
Job Title: Media Ingest Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Technology
Purpose of this Position:
The primary focus of the Media Coordinator is to ingest media into the automation system. Additional duties will include working with the sales staff to make sure commercials get ingested into the system in a timely manner. Ideal candidate will excel at staying organized and staying on top of assignments and communications as they come in.
Core Job Functions
· Ingest commercial spots into the automation system from a variety of sources.
· Use FTP, SFTP, Windows file transfer and http downloads to receive media.
· Setup satellite feeds in the satellite automation system, CompuSat.
· Assist with production of local content and coordinating with the newsroom staff.
· Must be able to respond to live operational situations like severe weather and take commands and cues.
· Work directly with local and regional sales and traffic staff to coordinate ingest of media.
· Basic knowledge of Excel required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements, Skills and Abilities
Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment. Ability to use and operate FTP, SFTP and Windows file transfer a plus. Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions. Ability to lift servers and mount them in racks. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change, or exigencies require.
Contact: Apply by going to the link listed below and then filter the job search by location (US-OK-Oklahoma City). This will allow you to view all current postings for KFOR jobs.
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer